“Jataka Tattva” possible combinations for mental illness:
- Jupiter in the ascendant and Mars in the seventh house or vice versa.
- Saturn in the lagna and Mars in the 5th, 7th or 9th house.
- Saturn in the 12th house associated with a waning Moon.
- Saturn in the lagna, Sun in the 12th house and Mars or the Moon in a trine.
- Association of Saturn and the lord of the second house with the Sun or Mars.
- Birth in the hora of Saturn or Mars, a Sun-Moon conjunction in the lagna, the 5th or the 9th, and Jupiter in a quadrant.
- Mandi (the malefic sub-planet that has no physical existence but has a Saturn-like quality) in the 7th, afflicted by a malefic. The same result may apply if Mandi is in the 5th house.
- Rahu and the Moon in the Lagna, and malefics in the trines. (i.e., “Pishacha Grasta” Yoga, a combination for being overtaken by the “spirits”, indicative of phobias.)
other indicators such as:
- Afflictions to the Moon (mind), Mercury (nervous system) and Jupiter (maturity / wisdom). Particularly, when all three of these planets are afflicted, conditions leading to mental illness are highly possible.
- An afflicted fifth lord. The fifth house can correspond to thinking, logic and wisdom.
- The lagna and or Aries, both which indicates the head, if afflicted.
- Kemadruma Yoga – This is a condition occurs when the moon has no planets in either of the signs surrounding it. When there is no planet in the 2nd or the 12th from the moon, the soundness of the mind may become an issue. Again, the entire chart needs to be viewed.
Always look for confluence in the chart, before making such a serious decision. If there is a likelihood of mental illness, these indicators will often show up not only in the rasi chart, but also the Navamsha and possibly other divisional (harmonic) charts.
Date of birth 24th Jan 2003, TIME :18:34 : MUMBAI
guru or brihaspati graha shows intelligence, mercury or Budh shows nervous system and lagna (shows intelligence). Further 5th bhav in birth chart shows our power of intelligence. Any association of malefics (shani, rahu, mangal, ketu) on guru , budh , lagna or 5th bhav or 5th lord will create a situation of mental illness. Damage to the moon will further accentuate this.
In the chart of ronit , Lagna (intelligence) has guru (Jupiter) (graha which promotes intelligence) sitting is 6th lord and retrograde (vakri which means instead of graha moving forward , it is moving backward). Lagna lord moon is in dusthana in navamsa conjoining shani.
Shani (8th lord of illness) and rahu (8th lord of illness) has rashi drishti on guru (Jupiter) in lagna.
Mangal (aggression) and ketu ( loss of memory) have rasi drishti on lagna (first bhav). He is reacting violently.
The 5th house is the house of Chitta (inner self as in Sat-"Chit"-Ananda) and this shows how much harmony do we have within our self. If this is afflicted then the person can become insane. In this Birth chart , 5th Bhav has 2 malefics mangal and ketu both in very close conjunction in degrees Showing pishacha badha.
Badhaka graha is very important for the matters of health and such things. Badhaka represent unknown evil forces, such as black magic or similar things. If Badhaka is placed in the 5th house, there is high likelihood that the person can go insane. Similarly the lords of the houses suffer because of the mentioned things, if they are placed in the badhaka sthana. In this chart, we find that badhaka lord venus is in 5th and 2 malefic grah mangal & ketu (pisaca badha ) are present in badhak sthana. Since these are rahu and ketu, its sarpa badha.
Moon has no planets in 2 and 12 in rashi chart which is resulting in kemdruma yoga.
Therefore the lagna is complete damaged and all astrological combinations of mental illness are present in the chart.
In navamsa , mangal and ketu are sitting in lagna and rahu is in 7th. Chandra (moon) is in 12th and associated with shani. Venus , 8th lord is in 5th (badhkesa in intelligence).